1. Sprinkler head structure:
Sprinkler head is the sprinkler head in automatic fire fighting system. Sprinkler automatic fire extinguishing system is the most popular automatic fire fighting system today.
In terms of structure, the basic types of sprinkler heads have relatively similar structures.
- Nozzle frame (frame): is the part of the frame that connects the parts of the nozzle and connects to the water pipeline
- Heat sensitive operating: as the name suggests, it is used to sense temperature. Usually in the form of a glass tube containing a glycerin-based liquid or a molten metal rod (spring ams). When the temperature is high, this glass tube breaks, releasing water or the metal rod is melted, releasing the water. Details of the principle of operation are in part 2.
- Stopper or lock (cap): has the role of sealing the pre-injector hole, preventing water from flowing out before the system is activated.
- Deflector: has the role of dispersing water around, increasing the coverage of the nozzle. There are several nozzle directions such as: up, down, horizontal, ..
The temperature sensor contains a glycerin-based liquid in different colors. These colors correspond to different degrees of heat resistance. Specifically as the image below.
In addition to the glass tube sensor as above, there is another type of sensor, composed of two metal plates held together by a row with a definite melting point. When the melting point is reached, the joint will melt, causing the stopper to open, and the water will be released.
2. The principle of operation of the Sprinkler head:
The video below simulates the process of activating the glass tube spinler head:
As the flame ignites, the air directly above the flame heats up rapidly. Hot air is pushed to the ceiling, wall, or other point where the sprinkler head is located. When the air around them reaches a certain temperature, usually 135°F, 155°F, or 250°F respectively, 57°C, 68°C or 121°C, the liquid inside the glass tube expands. out, increasing the pressure inside the glass tube and bursting the tube. The pipe burst, causing the stopper to fall off, releasing the water in the pipe.
Above is the basic information about the structure and operating principle of automatic sprinkler fire sprinkler. Sumitech is a certified unit qualified to consult, design and construct fire protection systems. Please contact 0989 060 987 for advice if needed.