To build a project or work, it is necessary to carry out a lot of procedures to apply for a construction permit. Including procedures for design approval for fire prevention and fighting. However, not all works are required to have design approval for fire prevention and fighting. Join Sumitech to find out what types of projects and works must be approved for fire protection design.
1. Objects that are required to apply for approval of fire prevention and fighting designs
According to Clause 3, Article 13 of Decree No. 136/2020/ND-CP dated November 24, 2020 of the Government. Objects subject to fire prevention and fighting design appraisal and approval include:
- Construction planning project or adjustment of construction planning of urban areas, economic zones, industrial zones, industrial clusters, export processing zones, high-tech zones and other functional zones according to the Law on Planning.
- The projects and works specified in Appendix 5 issued together with this Decree, when newly built, renovated or changed in use, affect one of the fire safety requirements specified at Point b, Clause 1 of this Article. B this.
- Motor vehicles have special requirements for ensuring fire prevention and fighting safety specified in Section 21, Appendix 5 issued together with this Decree. When new manufacturing or conversion affects one of the fire safety requirements specified at Point c, Clause 5 of this Article.
Thus, when building a new project or work, if we want to know if it is subject to design approval for fire prevention and fighting, we must see if that project or work is in Appendix 5 of Decree 136 of the Government. or not.
2. Appendix 5 of Decree 136 of the Government on the Law on Fire Prevention and Control and the Law on Amendments and Supplements to Fire Prevention and Control
Appendix 5 to Decree 136 of the Government includes 21 items, which specifically list work items with the criteria of number of floors, number of levels, number of people, ..
3. Specific examples of items that must be approved for fire safety design approval
To serve as a basis for determining whether a project is subject to design review and approval for fire prevention and fighting, here are a few specific examples of some types of works that need to be approved by Sumitech. no.
3.1. Example 1
The hotel project has a scale of 6 floors, volume 4,500m3.
Based on the use function, the work is compared according to item 7 of Appendix 5 of Decree 136.
With a scale of 6 floors and 4,500m3, the hotel project is not on the list of projects and works that must be approved for fire prevention and fighting design.
3.2. Example 2
The office building has a scale of 1 basement, 3 floors and a terrace, with a volume of 6,000m3.
Based on the use function, the works are compared according to item 8 of Appendix 5 of Decree 136.
With the scale of the work volume of 6,000m3, note that the volume of the work including the volume of the basement, this office building is subject to design approval for fire prevention and fighting.
Thus, Sumitech has advised you on the items that need to be approved for fire prevention and fighting design as well as the search and inspection of the items that need to be approved in accordance with the provisions of Decree 136 on fire prevention and fighting applied from 10 January 2021.
If you have any questions about the application of fire prevention and fighting law in construction, especially fire protection in industrial zones, in manufacturing plants, do not hesitate to contact Sumitech immediately.
Sumitech is a unit with many years of experience in consulting and executing fire protection in industrial plants. We have full practice certificates, full certifications in fire protection consulting and service business.
- Hotline: 0989.060.987 – 0978.464.361
- Website: https://sumitech.vn/lien-he
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/sumitech.industrial.jsc